Intermediate Hand Quilting
by Andi Perejda
No sewing machine needed.
For this half-day workshop, please bring a Hand Quilting project you are already working on, with the tools for quilting listed below.
- ½ yard solid color fabric (or 2 fat quarters of solids).
- Bring a light box if using dark-colored solid fabric.
- Quilting Thimble: Thimble from the Needleart Guild, also available from Colonial Needle Co. It has a brass end with a grid stamped into it and a lip so the needle doesn't slip. A Dritz thimble with a waffle-cut end is also okay.
- #50 Cotton thread for quilting
- Quilting needles (betweens), size #10 or #12. Clover needles are preferred.
- 8 to 14 inch circular wooden hoop
- Batting (about 22" square piece). Good battings to use are Hobbs Poly Down, Quilters Dream Request, Hobbs cotton/polyester, Hobbs Tuscany Silk, Quilters Dream Poly or Pellon Legacy Wool. Please do not use Warm and Natural cotton, Thermore, Tuscany Wool or Pellon Fleece.
- Silver pencil and white chalk pencil
- Masking tape
- Large quilting pins for basting
- Large basting needle
- Basting thread
- Small scissors
- Optional: Needle threader
A smile and a positive attitude!