Whigged Out Rose Block
by Andi Perejda
Pattern fee: $5
Background Fabric: The background fabric should be cut 24 inches square. There are five of these blocks in the quilt as made by Andi
Other Fabrics:Choose colors which please you and which contrast nicely with your background fabric. Stem fabrics will be cut on the bias. The heart-shaped flowers and the circular flowers may be whatever pleases you. Scraps will work, but the pieces must be good size.
- A 24-inch square of Pellon red dot tracing fabric or pattern-tracing cloth (has red dots). You can see through these although they are not perfectly clear.
- Sharpie marker
- Plastic template material.
- Sharp silver and white chalk pencils.
- Applique needles
- Small silk pins or short appliqué pins
- Small, sharp scissors.
- Rotary cutter, mat, and ruler.
- Threads: To match flower and stem fabrics. Cotton thread: #50 or #60 Mettler
- Clover bias tape makers, both 1/4" and 3/8" sizes